Service of Economic regimes
The service is a technical department with national functional competence under the General Directorate of Customs of the Union of the Comoros and having as main objective the study and the follow-up of the economic and particular regimes, of the facilitation of the exchanges and the partnership with the private sector.
The main missions devolved to the service are:
- Develop and implement the program of the General Directorate of Customs in terms of facilitation and assistance to companies;
- Conduct prospective studies on economic regimes and derogations;
- to inquire into applications relating to economic regimes, exemptions and deductibles of customs duties and taxes;
- Apply the code of investments and special conventions;
- carry out site visits, where appropriate, and ex-post destination control after the lifting of hands, only to declarations that have benefited from a particular regime;
- Proceed to the establishment of special procedures and the development of economic protocols;
- Represent the General Directorate of Customs at the Technical Approval Committee (CTA) administered by the National Agency for the Promotion of Investments (NAPI);
- Strengthen the customs-business partnership;
- Implement the file of the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO);
- To inform the approval files of the warehouses, the stores and the clearance areas;
- Implement the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA);
- and to participate in the internalization of the benefits contained in international treaties, conventions and agreements in favor of the enterprises and the related technical meetings.
The SER consists of four Sections. They are all under the administration and control of a head of department:
=> Section 1: Advice and Assistance to Companies and admissibility;
=> Section 2: Study and examination of request for Customs exemptions;
=> Section 3: Archiving and control of sites;
=> Section 4: Monitoring and Management of the Database.